Treatment for Soft-Tissue Injuries, Fibrosis & Chronic Inflammation
ASTYM is a cutting-edge therapeutic technique offered by PT Northwest for patients living with soft-tissue injuries, fibrosis and chronic inflammation.
The physical therapy professionals at PT Northwest always look to be on the leading edge of new techniques to make sure we are providing our patients with the best treatment options available. As one of the first physical rehabilitation groups in Oregon to use the ASTYM System, we have embraced a treatment program that helps patients stick with their physical therapy and see faster results.
What is ASTYM?
ASTYM is the use of ergonomically-designed instruments to mobilize soft tissues like muscles and tendons. Our physical therapists perform non-invasive movements as a way to stimulate the body into healing degeneration, fibrosis and chronic inflammation.
Many patients see improved outcomes within two or three sessions of ASTYM therapy across a wide range of diagnoses, including:
- Post-injury scar tissue
- Trigger finger
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis
- Shoulder pain
- Chronic ankle sprains
- Shin splints
- Patellar tendonitis
- IT band syndrome
- Sacroiliac and low back pain
- Soft tissue changes associated with degenerative arthritis
- Post-surgical scar tissue
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- Wrist sprains
- Plantar fasciitis and heel pain
- Achilles tendonitis
- Anterior knee pain
- Hamstring strains
- Hip pain/trochanteric bursitis
- Most forms of chronic tendonopathies